Lovely Book Art Ideas
1. Solander Case & Roundback Book via Tom Northey
Solander Case & Roundback Book in Marine Grey and Bubble Gum Pink. Designed and Handmade by Tom Northey at Bookworks EC2A.
2. Emotive Type Book "Piglet Meets A Heffalump" via Akoua Smith
Emotive Type Book.
3. What Is Book Arts - Handmade Book via Samantha Schaefer
A handmade pocket book describing what "Book Arts" is, and how it is defined.
4. Alby's Pesto via Alberto Contestabili
This book is a collection of inspirational quotes for travelers to carry while traveling. Each page has a unique way to tell a story by using different typefaces to inspire and empower travelers to explore themselves and their travel.
5. Dualism in Storytelling via Hiroko Matsushita
A book-art which illustrates parallel stories.
6. Books - making and binding via Jordan Key
Some book arts that made by Jordan Key in her spare time.
7. Herbarium, artbook via Maria Szczodrowska
Technique used: Paper cut, digital artwork on an overaly. The illustrations from “Herbarium” are displaying some of the flowers growing in Poland, which are common for the polish woods, fields or house gardens. The artwork was created using the paper cut method combined with the digital artwork printed on an overlay. Most importantly – these graphics were inspired by the structures of the plants’ tissues
observed through the microscope.
8. POWRÓT (THE RETURN) - artbook via Maria Szczodrowska
Book Materials: paper, cardboard, foil, glue, paint.
9. Windows via Nicola Cochran
Accordion book that incorporates an envelope with a drawing and various windows in the construction of the book.
10. The Missing Queen via Hiroko Matsushita
Three dimensional pop-up book. Comprising of paper folding, layering, cutting and various illustrations.
11. A madman's diary via Soojin Park
12. Photo Albums via Shannon Crissey
13. Everything Dies via Nicole Glynn
An exercise in destroying something old in order to make something wonderful.
14. Stab via Nicola Cochran
Rice paper books with stab binding.
15. Hidden Place via Nicola Cochran
The cover of this hand-made book was made of a copy of one of my drawing series. It also contains a pocket in the back cover; a "hiding place" for a note in the back of this empty journal.
16. Left Brain vs. Right Brain book via Ryan Thompson
Concertina-style book: “Left Brain vs. Right Brain.” Each of the three layers are strategically designed to interact with corresponding layers and pages.
17. Today is ______. via Jennie Stolpe
an art book experimental project.
18. Swatch Phobia via Deena Edwards
This book was created from original art about fake phobia's created by Chapman University students in an Introduction to Bookarts Class. The art was redesigned and turned into swatch patterns.
19. Village/Network via Molly Brooks
doublesided accordion book with nib pen and brush illustrations of naked women tangled in wires and masks.
20. Hidden Shelter via Nicola Cochran
This softcover book was made from paste paper of a drawing of Nicola Cochran. The stitch is French Herringbone on hidden tapes. All pages are hand torn.